You could win $50 just by including the words “Halloween” and “Writer’s Relief” in a poem or short prose comment under 250 words. Share your favorite/funniest/most memorable Halloween moment in our comments section below by Tuesday, October 30, and you could be the lucky winner of $50!
(Think of all the mini-chocolate bars you could buy with that! Talk about a great Halloween treat!)
Not sure what to write? Here are some prompts to help get you started:
Did you have an allergic reaction to your Incredible Hulk face paint?
Did you spend one Halloween explaining to everyone that you were a moon rock and not a piece of cheese?
Did you spend a special evening with a child who was just starting to learn how much fun Halloween can be?
Halloween Contest Rules And Details:
- Leave a comment! Your contest entry needs to be entered as a comment to this blog entry (below). Entries submitted via email or social media posts will not be considered.
- Your contest entry must be a short prose piece or poem that is 250 words or less.
- The words “Halloween” and “Writer’s Relief” MUST be included in your contest entry.
- The deadline is October 30!
- Only one entry per person.
We’ll announce the winner (and post the winning entry) of this contest on our blog on the big day (that’s October 31, in case you didn’t know!), so please check back on Halloween!
PLUS: Tweets For Treats!
Want an additional chance to win $50?
Tweet a picture of your favorite literary Halloween costume that you made by October 30. You must use the hashtag #LitCostumeContest to win!
We’ll announce the Twitter contest winner on our blog on Halloween!
We’re looking forward to reading your Halloween stories and seeing your pics!